Wednesday, November 01, 2006

on a train ride...

didn't say much bout this, on deepavali eve, i had 3 surprising calls... not one, not 2 but THREE! it was very confusing for me
1st call - someone from my co. called to say she got my resume from Jobstreet and want to forward it to the hiring manager for tech support. i got the approval and now waiting for them to call me... it's been 2 weeks, nothing yet
2nd call - same thing but from a co. in KL but this is for NETWORKING tech support, more towards my major (i think so la, dun really know the actual scope of the job). i had the phone interview and the lady said she liked my answer *phew* so now i'll have to go to KL to take the assesment test. wonder if it's as hard as the 2 times i did in my company (and failed). just imagine if i have to move to KL... scary... never left home before... wouldn't know if i can survive or not.. i'm a chicken shit now.. unfortunately..
3rd call - a guy from Manpower called but wanted an immediate taker for the job in KL, which of course i declined. IMMEDIATE? where can? first, it's a database... no idea, then i have to give 1 months notice.. so no can do...
so now, it's down to 2 jobs.... sigh, guess have to wait which one comes first... *stress*... sad though, he's not around to tell me it's gonna be alright... :(
it's funny when sometimes u think your parents doesn't care about u cause u're grown up and think that u know what u're doing and just letting u be and that u hate it when they just ignore u on certain occasions... but in fact they do, just that they are leaving u on your own to learn the lessons of life...
so i will be taking the train to kl on fri night, can't take the bus cause it'll be by midnight i'll reach KL and i don't like to have my godma stay up till then to wait for my arrival, so the only way to reach kl in the morning IN TIME for the "test" is to take the train. it will take VERY long, but i'll reach there at 8 something. i did that before with my cousins. i haven't bought my tickets yet though.
yest when i got home my dad told me that my mum wanted him to follow me to KL, to drive me down and drive me back. i was like ...uh why? waste money only.... but i think i know why she suggested that, it's because she knows he won't be following me and that she doesn't want me to go alone and doesn't want me to feel bad that no one is following me and dun want to feel alone, that's why she wanted my dad to follow me. i told my dad that it's alright, no need to follow, it'll be more expensive and no use for him to come too, and he'll get tired easily. come to think of it, it was very thoughtfull of her, cause she knows some of the shit i'm going through, and in her own ways (sometimes it doesn't actually work) she tries to "clean" the shit i'm going through.
the bottom line, i'll go for the test and i'll see what happens there and at the same time hoping someone will call me soon from my co.
sigh....

No comments: