Sunday, December 24, 2006

nostalgic

it was my last trip on the ferry before i left for KL... though i know i'll always come back.. but i felt sad abit... luckily i had my camera with me... so managed to take some pics.... photography skills kinda sucks but, oh well.......

the ferry has been a big part of my life... my dad worked in PPC (Penang Port Commission) most of his life and we had been traveling on the ferry since i was born until the Penang Bridge came up... even though the bridge was up, we would sometimes just take the ferry for the fun of it....

on the ferry, we would usually get out from the car and my dad would carry me and put me on the thingy that holds the rope to secure the ferry with the jetty, i have no idea what that is called... and i love the wind in my face when the ferry starts moving.... when i was bigger, i would count the jelly fishes i could see in the sea..... it was fun.... always enjoyed ferry rides...

when i got older, i used to take the passenger ride (which would be the second floor of the ferry) to and fro penang cause i didn't want to drive over to penang (toll/petrol reasons) and i had my cousin or friends picking me up on the penang side and mum to pick me up on the butterworth side....

the ferry also gave me memories with him, i would fetch him from the jetty after work, or we would take the ferry together cause i couldn't get the car... and even, just wanting to make our nights together longer before he took the bus to alor setar, we would purposely take the ferry for that extra 20 mins together... gosh... i miss him...

so, to the ferry, it was a bit painful to know that i won't be taking your rides as often as before but i hope u'll be around when i do come back to penang....

the marina


this one i like....






jelly fish? nah, can't see any at night..


do you know what is this?

No comments: