Thursday, September 08, 2005

cho kang.....

* that's work in chinese
sigh... dunno what to say... it's been a week working and i should be getting used to it.. but then.... since i'm not a morning person.. its gonna be hard... though i DO NOT sleep through my alarm.. but i get groggy going to work and at work....
what's sad is that i don't get to see the sun!!!!! i mean i hate the heat... but it's nice to see the outside and the day...... but here... all i see is cubicles and more cubicles... and when its lunch time.. i really got to go down to the canteen cause i don't want to spend my 10 working hours to be in just one place.....
maybe i'm just not used to be in a routine.... high school may be a routine but it was fun... and college was so flexible.... and i'm so used to being layed back, get up late.. sleep late... but now.... sigh....
i guess that's working life.... can't complain... "it's all bout the MONEY, MONEY, MONEY..."
fuck, yesterday driving home from work, some stone hit the front glass and made a crack!!!!! i thought the whole screen will break but it didn't.... then i went home and told my dad bout it.. he got worried.. he said once there's a small crack the glass is unstable..... sigh.... it's gonne be expensive to replace it man!!!!! and this morning, i found out that the crack has gone longer.... and it's right infront of my view!! damn!!! hope it won't go further knowing the car will be in the sun for 10 hrs........ *crossing fingers
i still don't have my Streamyx set up at home in BM.. called during my break yesterday and the guy said to call later... fine... so i went home, tried again and it didn't work... i called at 8pm and the lady said it should be fine... i tried again... and NO!!! it didn't work again... so i called back at 8.45pm and the guy said that there's something wrong with my number, he'll report it and they'll call me back in 2 or 3 days... DAMN!!!!!! i told him i was waiting for emails from overseas but he can't do anything, he'll have to send the report...
so i guess i got to settle for my dial up again and wait till my streamyx is done.... DAMN DAMN DAMN... i'm sooo dying for the internet!!!!!!
ps- i'm sending this from work, came in 45 mins early.... zzzzzzzzz

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratz on your job/working life! Sorry was so late to wish you.

Do you like the job and people? Or are you already thinking, "Another day, another dollar"? hehe So sorry I didn't send CV in time, been really busy/not online with my friend down. I guess you don't need it now...

As for your lunch, can't you leave work and eat out? Gawd! Can't imagine working 10hrs (though I used to do more when I was in Malaysia but that was family business so no choice really when you don't hit the target)! I work from 9am-5pm Mon-Fri (usually the normal hours here) and at times that is hell! I do get 1hr lunch though where else some companies only do 30mins, but even then I don't normally take lunch or the full hour. Yeah I am a work-aholic but I rather be known for perfectionist haha :)

Shimmers said...

well so far so good....

this job everyone here is on contract.. there are no permanent staff in this department.. so after 6 months or so, ppl leave...

lunch is 1 hr... but where i am, is in the industrial estate in bayan baru, penang.. so to take the car out to lunch.... it wouldn't be enough of time to drive out, find parking, order food, eat, drive back and find parking again... i feel 1 hr isn't enough for that...

though there's a canteen at the premises.. i'll have my lunch there.... no choice what? :)

anyway, there's alot of other departments here, so usually ppl either leave totally or change departments.... so i guess it's good to have started here...

really don't know actually.... i'm still in "shock" to be in the working world.. u know what i mean.....

@ロウ 。LOW@ said...

cho kang - - hokkien :) Maybe you should consider bring your own lunch from BM! No i feel blessed with just 3 minutes walks for lunch...cheers :p

Shimmers said...

i do bring my own lunch.... cause i know i can't go outside for lunch... but then again.... sigh....

Anonymous said...

Here almost everyone take pack lunch to work because it's so expensive to eat out even though it could just be sandwiches.

Only thing I hate about that is I get lazy or the repetitive of type of food you can take. I get very bored easily having the same food but then there's only certain food you can take to work (smell, etc). *sigh* I do buy lunch once a week at least though, if not more.

Lunch hours are spent window shopping, down the pub with some friends (then that would cost even more for food) or clothes shopping and on certain occasions, getting bits and pieces of my sundries. But I am lucky I work on one of the popular high street itself (but that can also be a bad thing :D). Besides, I eat at my work desk whilst working anyway rather than to go to the 'kitchen'.