Tuesday, September 04, 2007

confidence and taking risks

maybe i'm too humble with myself... or that i'm just low in confidence? had a talk with someone and it's said that i don't "seem" to be someone who doens't have confidence... it's not the first time i heard that, in fact i heard it from a few ppl, ppl i actually trust.. yet, why do i doubt myself? doubt my capabilities? doubt my strengths?
is confidence the same as taking risks? i mean, if i have loads of confidence, wouldn't i be taking risks? and i was advised on trying to "invest" to see that extra mile so that i could make that step, as i usually just do what i can see and not do what i cannot see... so if i can see a mile, i should "invest" on something to see furthur than that, so that i can go further..... but my question is.... how to invest and invest in WHAT? sigh....
growing up is so hard to do...
everyones asking, what's my goal, what do i want to be in 5 years, 10 years... i mean, how the heck am i SUPPOSED to know???!!!!
to me, as long as i'm happy, have enough money to do the things i want to do and have a secure future financially... isn't that enough? why must i put a "name" on my goal? yes, there's time u'll get fedup with your job, or that your job is meaningless or that no one appreciates u at work or your contributions are not recognised.... yes it's NICE to have everyone call u boss, look up at u on your achievements and get whatever u want without thinking twice of the cost....
but still.... what's all that got to do when u are not happy and comfortable?
so... what ARE my goals?
a place that is/have - cafe/bakery/ live jazz/ wifi hot spot/ florist /restaurant .... all in one place/ under one roof... can ah?...
is that a goal enough for u? impossible right?
sigh.....

No comments: