Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Chicago Rib House - Auto City, Juru (Part II)


their menu

so here's part II of the Chicago Rib House review

as i was saying, i went back there for dinner on my b'day... it was supposed to be a dinner with a good friend, dad, and 2 more relatives... but because it was raining, the relatives didn't come - raining and dark, and because it was a family "thingy" my good friend, she was "shy" to come.. so in the end, it was just dad and me - mum was working, she couldn't join us...

so anyway, because mum is so proud of me *rolls eyes*, she goes and tells everyone at Chicago Rib House that it's my bday... sigh... so it seems they are going to "partay" with me.. heheheh....

dad and i ordered... gosh, we wanted to try both the pork ribs and beef ribs... so we ordered one of each.. my gosh.. the portions!! then the Asian Salad but this time with chicken...then.. dad had a tropical juice drink and the bartender came up with a special "purple" concoction for me because it was "my day"... so i was thinking... goodie, "drink"!! hahahah.. so when it came, i asked la.. what was in it.. it had cranberry, grape, strawberry and dunno what else.... but no alcho... so... ok lor.. looks like today, no thani session! hahahha

beef ribs

pork ribs (7 of them..)
Asian Salad with chicken


my "special" purple drink
dad and his "tropical" drink

food came, mum came out and saw us... she still insisted for us to try other food.. and wondered why only the two of us... so we orderd the fish of the day.... so so...it was cooked in cajun.. i guess we were too full to enjoy the fish... dad somehow had space for soup.. so he had normal mushroom cream soup - nothing fancy there...

fish.... the empty space was for the chips, which came later...

then the desert came... i knew they had Shot Glass deserts, so i ordered.. it seems, they had to display or somehow show me what they had.... it took quite some time for them to do so... but when it came, it was in a chest like box!! i thought to myself, don't tell me it's the cake.... see see.. it was a display of 4 shot glasses filled with dessert, and u can pick! there was strawberry and chocolate mousse, mixed fruit yoghurt and apple crumble... i took the choc and dad took the yoghurt (typical)....

Shot Glass desserts in a Chest box

after chatting with dad... mum came over a few times..... then the "surprise" came la....

mum said to listen... i heard thump thump clap... thump thum clap (like the beat to "We will rock you")... they the staff started to rhyme... "oh my god she's 26.... i can't believe it, but it's true...." or something like that la... i couldn't remember.. i never expected THIS! i thought it would be the good ol happy birthday song.... hahahah.... i was too shocked to try to remember the words.. will ask my mum.. and it seems like it's the restaurants song!!! mum said they then later did it to another girl at another table after dad and i left! heheheh


"rhyming" my bday song...

my second cake (mum bought - not the restaurant! hahah - i was fooled)

so there u go... my treatment from Chicago Rib House for my bday! hahah... thank God i'm not staying in BM... if not, they sure fedup with me coming over so often! hahah

remember i said that their treatment maybe different because my mum's working there? well, during dinner, i've been noticing the staff's behaviour with the other customers and it's the same.. so it looks like they ARE like that... friendly, full of smiles and genuine.... so, i believe if u readers go there, u'll get that smiling face as well!! heheh....

enjoy your ribs ppl!!
ps -for my single girlfriends in penang/bm: the manager - Jason, is young and cute ;)

No comments: