Saturday, October 22, 2005

macaroni

macaroni... it's a dish where the Reutenses LOVE... it goes back to my grandfathers time and he loved it, came down to my dad's time, he love it too (together with his brothers and sisters) then it came down to me and my cousins.. and we love it!!! the recipie for it was also circulated around but only among family members... nyeh nyeh nyeh...
we eat this for all occasions.. u can eat it as a snack, for dinner, birthday parties, home wedding receptions, funerals, anniversaries and whatever occasion that u have over at your hse.... even the guests at those occasions would go "wow... nice... can i have the recipie?"... NOT!!!! hahahah even if we do give it to them, somehow they can't make it as nice as we do.....
oohh oohh... macaroni is also a "no-food-at-home" and "don't-know-what-to-cook-today" type of food.... it's yummy and filling and fast to cook!!! gosh!!! i better start learning to cook this if not, it'll be lost!!!!
i used to have lots of parties in my hse when i was younger, for my 10th bday, 12th bday, 16 bday, 18th bday... sure to have macaroni one... and my friends would at first be sceptical bout it, cause it looked like noodles but doesn't look like noodles and it's ORANGE in colour and has some yellow yucky sticky thingy in it (cheese la oi)... but after "obliging" to the host (that would be my mother) they tried it, and LOVED it!!! some even took second helpings!! hahahah even in school the next monday, they would comment to me that the macaroni was nice and asked if i brought some to school!!! hahhahaha......
when my grandparents were still alive, i'd go down to Green Lane (that's in Penang) during the weekends for my piano lesson with my grandmother and we'll sometimes have macaroni.... no other dishes, only macaroni and the whole family would eat it... somehow i ate abit too much of it that i became "jelak" of it... ever since my grandma passed away and after a few months after that my grandfather passed away, we seldom cook macaroni..... i guess it reminded us of the good ol days..... but i know that each of our families (my dad's brothers and sisters families) would cook macaroni... somehow sometime... and i'm sure my grandparents will be remembered then.
so my mum thought of cooking macaroni last night.... she made a big pot as she doesn't believe in opening the pasta packet and using only half of it, once the packet is open, use the whole damn thing... and when this happen... u eat la... for dinner, breakfast (for me at work), lunch and dinner again! hahahha until u feel jelak and not cook macaroni for the next few months... hahahaha
if u are wondering how this macaroni is like, well it is cooked together with tomato sauce, tomato soup and add the cheese to it... no separate separate business!!! it goes well with mixed salad (where the salad is already mixed with salad cream), roast chicken, creamy soup, extra ketchup... thought i haven't tried it with chicken curry!! hahahahha.... hmmm... *thinks*
so yea.. MACARONI... da BEST!!!! ask my friends and see? they sure tell u!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That’s right. I must say that the Reutens really have the touch when comes to Macaroni or Pasta. Specially Cher’s cooking or the mother :o)