Saturday, May 05, 2007

1st post on the lappy!

so i'm writing this else where... will post it up when i have internet access... nothing much today, a friend was supposed to come to stay the weekend in kl but a plane landed on me... so had to find plan B to fill my weekend. so i did.... when i was rested enough at home till i became restless, i made plans to meet someone i've been wanting to meet since i was in my last year of college, my guardian angel for my thesis...

a friend sort of found this guys "help" on a website.... so he thought i could use this fellas help.... his website did help me and from there, we were communicating through emails... he would email me instructions and i would email him back the results! what a guide uh? i was/AM really grateful that i met this wonderful fella.... ever since i got my results for my thesis, i've been wanting to meet this guy and thank him personally.... unfortunately he's in kl and at that time i was in penang.... we communicated through email and chat... but somehow stopped communicating when i graduated...

so now that i'm in kl, i figured, i HAVE to meet him... so fortunately his email was still working and we got back in touch again, this time he was willing to meet me, though i have to go see him all the way to subang.... i did that today and it went well.... though we may have different thoughts for things, but he's a smart ass.... he's all so techie... hehehe sometimes i could follow what he was saying and sometimes he just lost me... it's not a bad thing actually, cause i learnt alot from him... i do have similar friends whom i cherish alot esp when it comes to pcs and technical stuff in... so i'm glad that i found another, here in kl (other than my colleagues la...)

he had a laptop from hell but was using another OS, and was showing me what exactly he was doing and how did he help me... what i saw, brought me back memories on the millions of codes that i was working on and his instructions.... it was so familiar when he showed them to me.... at least i have a better idea on what happened on his end....

it was a good evening, we chatted bout mostly techie stuff but i managed to get to know more bout him.... even though i did say thank you personally and gave him a treat, i still feel greatfull to him... i think i'll never stop being grateful to him.... i know to him it's nothing, but without his help all the way through with my thesis, i would not have passed it... if it was not because the train services ended at 11pm, i'm sure we'll still be talking bout broadband, ipv6, networking, wireless, gov, education and life till the next day... but because i depend on the trains to get back... we had to say goodbye.. i do hope to meet up with him again... since i came here to kl, i missed chatting with my techie friends back in pg...heheheh... and now i have found one... :)

No comments: