Wednesday, December 19, 2007

the death and resurrection of lappy

i can't understand on why suddenly the bloody hdd in my lappy just dieded.... it's only been like 6 months or so...
first i though i'd send it back to c-zone.. but when i got there, they were closed for stock-check.. and i was told to go straight to HP...
so i finally found a day to go to HP...(took sometime to find a place - as u know KL, u see the building but have a really hard time finding the road there!!)... finally found the place and left my lappy to them...
for about 5 days or so, i was hoping that my pics would all be saved... my downloads... my One Tree Hill..
didn't hear anything from them, so i decided to call, they were supposed to call before they did anything just to verify with me.. but they didn't, so when i called them, the girl said, my lappy is ready for pickup.. it's like wtf!! u were supposed to informed me on the situation first!!!
so blablabla.... appointment was made to pick it up and to check with their tech on my data in the old hdd...
next day, i went to pick it up... totally new hdd... spoke with the tech, tried accessing my old hdd with other pcs - nothing, the tech couldn't hear anything in the hdd, nothing moving, no buzzying noise.. NOTHING!.. it was dead.. and there goes my files.... painful i tell u!
had to let it be la.... brought my lappy back, next day brought it to work and started to install every damn thing... i still haven't installed certain things yet though...
tht's it for my lappy... it dieded, and brought back to life, with a new head! hahahahah sigh.... now for precausion, i gotten an external hdd to backup my files.... hehehehe.... (got it from the recent PICOM pc fair at KLCC)

No comments: