Tuesday, June 28, 2005

surprise!!!!!

i'm going to AUSTRALIA!!!!!

yea... i'm going to Sydney to visit my godpa and an uncle and aunty in Adelaide... i can't wait...

i've been waiting for soo long to travel out from this country and this is my only chance... i've finished studying and now i'm free... (for a while that is.. heheh) i didn't tell anyone bout this because at the beginning it was just a "plan" not sure if i was going or not (if tell then tak jadi.. malu also right?).. so now i AM going.....

so i've made my bookings (haven't paid though) for the 8th of July and will be back on the 1st of Aug... been busy ever since i finished my presentation..

- applying for my passport
- applying for MAS Grads (MAS student card to get cheaper rates)
- applying for an International License..

yea my godpa said he wants me to drive around with his new car.. what car i dunno.. hehehe... will be meeting up with my other cousin, Laura (who's getting married in Aug in KL) and said she wants to bring me to the Blue Mountains.. so hopefully that plan works out... gosh... i'm soo excited and nervous too, knowing how my previous trip to KL got screwed with/without plans...

right now got to start packing, get recipies of the local food and get ready for my trip!
* any advice, tips, cheats on my trip? like how to pack, what to say at the airport, what can bring what cannot bring...? please don't mind me.. it's my first time flying out of the country..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey congratz Fiona! I envy you now coz I was just saying earlier to Edd I need a holiday! Last time I went on a proper holiday (non UK) was over a yr ago *cries*.

Anyway, my advise is do NOT bring any meat, plants, etc (can't remember all) into Australia...oh and of course Durian! lol If you are asked any questions at the airport, just answer truthfully. Besides if you have nothing hide, there's nothing to worry about right?!?

Will post a good post of how to pack which I read from a magazine recently when I get the chance. I doubt it will be today. At least it 'make me' make an entry on my blog hehe. Oh and last advice... HAVE FUN and take LOTS of photos! :)

Shimmers said...

thanks!!! i'm really excited bout this trip...

yea i got to know about the foodstuff that cannot be brought to australia.. pitty uh...

the packing guide should be useful.. :)

will take lots of pics.. just that i got to find someone to loan me a digi cam.. if not.. will use my normal 35mm film camera.. :(