Thursday, February 24, 2005

why the need of paperwork?

sigh... when u want things done u can't because u need to write letters of request, fill in forms, request permissions.... all that just to install winXP and put an extra NIC in the computer???... sheesh!!!! no wonder students tend to use other 'means' of getting their thesis done in a short time!
so here i am again in the lab, all alone.. feeling cold.. NOT!!(see the post before this) the 'waiting' is over but instead of going ahead of getting things done, got to do those paperwork and 'waiting' for my supervisor to finish her meeting so that i can get the paperwork done..... so.. here i am 'waiting' again... maybe i should change my name to 'waiting dugong' !!!! (my actual nick is Pinky Dugong.. how that came about??.. another long story...)
hmm.... its a funny thing this computers and technology.. it supposedly to make life easier and faster without much hassle and yet it somehow becomes a burden at times because when technology is advancing (is there such a word?) like every second of the day, users like u and me must update ourselves to it, if not we'll be lost and will be back to square 1 like when we thought how could we use a mouse with our computer?!! and there was no such thing as chatting!!..... like today, i was chatting with my cousin (who is in kl) using y**** msger and i was telling him bout my blog. so instead of just typing in this blog's URL in my chat box (for him to click on it and come straight to my blog) i had to type out 'shimmers999 dot blogspot dot com' for him!! why?? it's because the version he has of that msger cannot detect a URL in the chat box!!! i think he didn't get the latest version... so there u go... that's what gonna happen if u don't update yourselves... hey!! don't look at me.. i'm still considered a beginner in this world eventhough i'm studying it!! bluueekkk.... i'm as blur as anyone of u out there when it comes to computers and technology...
i'm starting to see how studying what we are studying is quite helpfull for our future but i could be wrong, as i'm not working yet. some of my friends who are working, say that what they studied in college has nothing to do with their job (and mind u, they went overseas to study!!) and only the very few lucky ones who has a job that is very closely related to their field of study can happily say that what they studied is paying off.. how i wish that i will be one of those lucky few.... but then again, i'm not too keen on what i'm studying too.. yes it's interesting, yes it's usefull in everything but like some will say, no satisfaction, no 'feeling' from the heart... as some of my very close friends (like the Dugongs) know... i'm not too keen in this computer stuff (if i was i would be done in 4 years!! not 7 years!!!) i'm more of a food, cooking, baking type of person. i would really like to see myself selling my creations, making everyone FAT!! (eerr.. myself too) and just doing it with my bare hands. guess i didn't have that self motivation and support from family to get on with it. my baby thinks that i'll achieve that whether now or even later, he thinks i will. i don't have that confidence but he does and i'm so glad that he does.
sigh.. all of this emotional writing is making me all sad... better stop now.... it's like 6.15pm and soon i'll have to get back as this lab has a class soon... so till tomorrow...
SEE WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO!!
ps- dugongs, want to go out makan?

No comments: