Monday, August 22, 2005

1st phone call of my working life..

so hard to get my lecturers to reply my email... sigh.. i guess they're busy or something.. looks like i got to go back finding my old lecturers from Informatics... hope they can still remember me! hehehhe....

got a call from Jobstreet.... it seems there's an opening for SALES in Dell... hahah i have quite a number of friends working in mostly all departments in Dell.... but i never thought of doing sales.... hmm.... i've heard alot of "stories" of Dell...

anyway.. SALES?!!! i never had SALES in my head.... didn't like the idea of going out to find customers, persuading them to buy.... and having QUOTA!!!! grrrr.... that scares me... but then the lady who called from Jobstreet says that the sales department in Dell is "internal sales" which means the employees do not go "out" to make the sale... it's all with phone calls in the office.. which is (i guess) ok for me.... and they want to put me on the Australian/New Zealand group....(working 5.30am to 2.30pm.. what odd working hours.. having friends working there.. i know the weird times they have...).... that too i've heard loads of "stories"... hahahah...

so... yea.. Jobstreet will send my resume to Dell and if i'm shortlisted, they'll call me for a "teleconference interview" ..... grrr.... nervous-nye..

2 comments:

Emmanuel said...

whats a teleconference interview???

Shimmers said...

having an interview in a phone call... abit weird though but... not that nervous....