Sunday, May 07, 2006

out with the whites

so i finally saw my cousin and aunty...
went to Holiday Inn straight after work on friday, and fuuhhh... my cousin changed her hair colour!!! and look very lovely.... then we met my other cousin and went for seafood! it seems in london, a lobster could cost around RM600+ which is 100 pounds or so..... that's why, eating seafood for them is like GLORIOUS!!!... so we had crabs, shellfish, praying-mantis prawns, fried squid.... and the bill came up to only Rm130+... that's like 5 pounds each... my cousin was dumb-founded... hahahahhah... she was like.. it's only 5 pounds!!!
then we wanted to go shopping at batu ferringghi but it was raining, so we went down to Gurney to show them our kind of hippies... hahahah.... sat at coffee beans and just hung out there and did some catching up.... made plans for the next day too...
was supposed to meet my cousin at the hotel yesterday for some sun tanning - yes i need one, am too fair(dull) .... but first i had to wait for dad to come back after servicing the car... mana tau! i slept off!! dad came back at 11am and i didn't know... only got up when my cousin called to say that she'll follow her mum shopping instead because there was no sun to tan and it was drizzling.... :( so in the end dad and i met up with them for dinner at Mama's .... the same nyonya place where we brought my cousin Terry... (so now, brother and sister and mum ate the same thing in the same place)
so at the nyonya place, it seemed there was a PFS (Penang Free School) reunion going on!!! and these "students" were not going for a 10 year reunion or what... they're OLD.... meaning they were students when my GRANDAD was their teacher!!!! LOL so u can imagine how old they must be now.. hahahahh.... half of them recognized my dad and his sisters and came over to say hi... one of the guys even brought his OLD OLD autograph book... and guess what!!! he showed us the lil painting my grandfather painted for him in the book!!! OMG..... such priceless memories..... so ed and i took a pic of it (will post it up when i download the pics to my pc... talking bout my pc.... sigh.. another story).... sigh... can recognise that signature anywhere... ooohhh that remided my dad, he said he found out that one of his older friends were a student with my GREAT-grandfather!!! hahahahah.....
somehow, the line of "teachers" stopped with my dad's generation....sad isn't it.... no one in my dad's generation are teachers.... unless u call my aunty who works in a day-care centre a teacher... there's no one who's actually a teacher.... and no one from my generation became a teacher as well (unless u call an aerobics instructor a teacher).....
i was sooo full till i got sick!! we planned to go back to batu ferringhi, so all 10 of use were walking in the night market.. i didn't see the point of having 10 ppl walking around where only 2 were interested in buying and 2 were helping to bargain.. the rest? anyway, i vomitted abit when i was walking... so dad, anna and i went back..... was sad that i couldn't hang around with my cousin longer.. but i felt really bad, stomach could burst anytime.... i never felt like this before... and also the thought of me getting up early the next day (today) to go to work.... bblluurrgghhh.....
hope my cousin got her fake stuffs.... and hope that i could meet up with her today.... never got the chance to chit chat with her alone... her mum's always around.... heheheh.... but then again, we all haven't seen them both for so many years....

No comments: