Saturday, August 20, 2005

random thoughts....

i hate going up and down bm and pg... but then again it gives me an excuse to come to penang.... hahhahaha....

went clubbing on wed with sharon and her friend benny... it was ok.. i mean the music was "acceptable" but the scene was... abit too weird for me... it was nearly 100% occupied with chinese.. i mean i have nothing against them but it's just that the last time i went to Chillout (at Gurney Hotel) i saw more of other races there... guess i've lost touch with the clubbing scenes here... or maybe the others were at other clubs.. maybe SS or SOHO? i wouldn't know....

wed was ladies night and sharon and i got in for free (the drinks were free too) but benny had to pay to get in.. i thought it would be like RM25 with 1 free drink or something but on the way home i asked him how much did he pay to get in.. he said RM51 WITHOUT free drink...

i mean heck
1)
what's with the extra RM1 and
2) so expensive with no free drink?

unbelievable man!!! was telling sharon that next time we should just go to SS cause benny can get in free... talking bout next time... i felt that the older we get the less interested we are in clubbing... maybe for some, initially clubbing wasn't their cup of tea but did clubbing anyway and for some (like me) started clubbing early than usual and still do love going but because of lack of company, clubbing isn't as easy as before.... sigh.... maybe i should just find another type of entertainment.. but then again.... not...

during my stay in australia, i've met some friends of my relatives and i don't know but they don't really "get" Malaysia.. i mean when they spoke to me they went...

They: oh.. your english is good! i thought u didn't speak english
ME: (like duhhh!!!!) uh... i speak english at home and also with my friends in school. eventhough our lessons are in malay, we speak english....
They: oh.........
ME: (rolls my eye in my heart....) yeah....

so i guess, how advanced malaysia is, there are still ppl and countries that are not aware of how developed we are... heck we get movies earlier than them!!! somehow this makes me feel more appreciative towards my country... eventhough i'm not as patriotic as i should, i'll always feel much more at home here.... yes sometimes the government isn't fair to all races and being a "lain-lain", ppl like us should work harder to get places we deserve, but as long as i know, i'm treated right and i'm glad that i'm living here....

is it ok if i don't put any references in my resume? none of my lecturers have replied to me on that.. and it's about time i started sending my resumes out.... scared thinking bout working... what if i don't know anything bout the job? what if the ppl don't like me? what if i don't like them?.......

there's a SEFA career talk by JTI this coming 27th... and also SEFA's EGM... should i go?? it'll be good if i went.. cause i could give out my resume... and also get to know my SEFA members.... what to do.. what to do.. what to do...

and ohh.. here's the
article i wrote for SEFA (don't know if i put the link before or not... getting old already) on the fire-fly thingy i went...

felt abit sad that i didn't go for a very good friend's convo in USM... told her that i would go and be with her on that big day but i didn't... what a friend i am... :( really sorry babe!

went for a wedding dinner with my dad to a family friend's son's wedding.... and who on earth did i see a few tables away? my best friend's ex... i mean... this is a dinner in PENANG and i can't seem to see the connection with him who is from BM with the PENANG ppl here at the wedding.... hmmm.. the world is soo small... i guess if i, from BM could know ppl from PENANG... why not he right? so... yea the world IS small.... don't know if he saw me or not.... not bothered anyway....

tomorrow dad's gonna have a cycling expedition to the Thai border.. where? i can't remember the place now.. i think it's something like Baling or something... so that means he'll be taking the car, start driving early morning and cycle..... thought of going with him but.. thinking of driving 20 KM/h or less for 3 hours (see my older posts on the trip to so called Cameron Highlands) got me thinking....

will be here in pg for a few days, cousin from England coming, my baby's coming... YEAY YEAY YEAY!!!!

No comments: